At Cheadle Motor Body Builders Accident Repair Centre Ltd (CMBB Ltd) we are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information. CMBB Ltd is an organisation that operates under the new GDPR regulation. We understand how important the privacy of personal information is to our customers, insurance companies, job applicants and visitors of our website. The following statement addresses relevant privacy issues for CMBB Ltd.
The kind of personal information that CMBB Ltd hold may include:
- Customer names and address
- Email addresses
- Contact telephone numbers (private, business and mobile)
- Customer vehicle details – registration number, make and model etc
- Details of Customer’s Insurance Company or work providers
- Employee Taxation and Payroll details
- Personal resumes of employees and applicants.
We shall ensure that all personal information is collected in a fair and lawful way. The purpose for CMBB Ltd requiring and retaining personal information is that this information is fundamental for us to:
- Provide customers with quotations for work to be performed
- For CMBB Ltd to liaise with our customer’s Insurance Company or work provider
- To follow proper invoicing and Accountancy procedures
- So that we may contact you when necessary on issues relating directly to our products or services
- To ensure that employees are paid their correct entitlements
- To ensure that we have all relevant employee details including, addresses, emergency contact numbers etc
- To provide relevant information when assessing applicants for employment/promotion. CMBB Ltd will endeavour to ensure that all personal information is accurate, complete and up to date at the time we collect, use or disclose it.
Occasionally, CMBB Ltd contracts out services to a subcontractor, which carries out work that cannot be performed by CMBB Ltd at our premises. The type of personal information that may be given to these companies is as stated above
- Details of Customer’s data and Insurance Company Information we may collect from our Website forms are for client contact purposes only
For each visitor to our website, our web server may collect the following type of information for statistical purposes:
- The number of users who visit the website
- The date and time of visits
- The number of pages viewed
- Traffic patterns
This is anonymous statistical data and no attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities. We use this data to evaluate our website performance and to improve the content we display to you.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to the products or services we provide to you, or for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use the information except where there is a duty to the public to disclose that information, where we are required by law or where the interests of CMBB Ltd require disclosure.
We will not sell or disclose your information to any individual or entity outside of CMBB Ltd for any marketing purposes
Data Security: As a company CMBB Ltd will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These include:
- Physical security – by adopting measures to prevent unauthorised access to our premises, by providing secure containers for storing paper-based personal information
- Computer and network security – by adopting measures to protect computer systems and networks for storing, processing and transmitting personal information relating to customers and or employees from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure by means of secure passwords, user logins or other security procedures
- Communications security – by protecting email and other means of communication from unauthorised intrusion
- Personnel security – by adopting procedural and personnel measures for limiting access to personal information by authorised staff for approved purposes and controls to minimise security risks to our IT systems.
Data is only kept for a period, for accountancy or to fulfil our legal requirements and for the purpose of the normal running of the company. After such time any paper documentation is shredded as to new legislation and electronic data deleted.
If you would like further information about the way CMBB Ltd manages the personal information held by us, then you may contact our data controller on firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us direct. There may be a small administration charge for this service.
If you have any concerns about the way personal information is managed by CMBB Ltd or believe that a breach of your privacy has occurred, please contact us immediately.